Monday, February 15, 2016

Teacher Dies From CO Poisoning

The family of a newly qualified teacher who died from carbon monoxide poisoning days after moving into a new flat on a dream gap year trip to China have urged travellers to carry gas detectors.

Francesca Dingley, 22, originally from Enfield in north London, died in Chengdu, the south-western capital of China’s Sichuan province, last February.

The Bristol graduate was in Asia to teach English for a year with plans to get a teacher’s job in the UK but was apparently killed by a faulty boiler.

As an inquest into her death started today her father Mark Dingley said the tragedy had been ‘wholly avoidable’, as he urged all travellers to carry a carbon monoxide detectors with them at all times.


Source/Read more:

from WordPress
from Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment